February 18, 2014

First Married Valentine's Day

This weekend we celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.  Friday night we have our ICF homegroup, so we spent that with our international student friends at Bible Study.  Couldn't think of a better way to spend the evening!

Luckily on Saturday we had absolutely no plans.  Which never happens on a weekend.  So we decided to have a day just us.

I start by making breakfast of our favorite biscuits and gravy casserole and some cinnamon rolls
Then we exchanged a few gifts.  

David gave me the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor.  I first saw this at a party we went to last fall and I decided I really wanted it.  So my sweet guy bought it for me all on his own :)

I had given David 14 days of Valentine's treats starting February 1.  They were little gifts with really cheesy notes to go with them such as the ones below:


And for his Valentine's gift I found an idea to do a years worth of sports themed dates and modified it a little to fit our interests.  He got this invitation and February's date card for Valentine's Day and then there are 11 more envelopes to open--1 in each of the coming months between now and next January.  It was a fairly simple thing to put together--but one that I think we will both really enjoy

(I'll definitely post about our dates as we go, so stay tuned!)

Then we headed to lunch at Outback for their Valentine's special--appetizer, steaks and dessert for two.  Yum!

It was a perfect day with my love :)



No comments: