September 21, 2013

Feeling like Fall

You can tell it's been a little hot for a while in Dallas, since yesterday my Facebook news feed filled up with all the posts about the rain and today it's all about how beautiful it is outside--the first weekend with clear skies and highs in the 80s is a big deal :)  I'm glad I had a fun weekend planned

Yesterday my best friend texted to finalize plans for our Saturday morning meet-up.  She asked if I'd be up for meeting for coffee even though I'm not a coffee drinker--couldn't think of a better start to this coolish day
She grabbed a Pumpkin Spice Latte and I grabbed my hot chocolate and we caught up for a few hours.

Then I had about half an hour to kill time before my next meet up, so I decided to go into Bath and Body Works just to see what they had (gets me every time!).  What they had was their big candles 2 for $22 and all of their Fall body products for $5.  So I got a new Pumpkin Candle and  Cinnamon and Clove candle for Christmastime... as well as some Blackberry body wash and lip gloss. 

I headed to meet up with a few good friends for lunch on a patio and it was a perfect day for it!

When I got home David helped me re-organize our storage closet so I can get to all of my seasonal decorations more easily.  


Then I lit my new Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle and got to work decorating!

Here's the majority of the fall decor (and the Baylor game on TV--perfect fall entertainment)

I had made a burlap wreath for my Spring Decor and decided to add a few touches so I could use it in the fall (all pieces are removable so it can be altered by season).  I took some flowers I had from previous decor and cut their stems and wound them in the burlap.  Then I used this tutorial to make the bow with some ribbon I got 40% off at Hobby Lobby yesterday!

There's something so wonderful about the first hints of a new season.  The reminder that change is coming and mercies are new every day.  Grateful that God thought of seasons!


No comments: