August 28, 2011

Lily's Life

I've had Lily for about 6 weeks now, so I thought I'd update you a little on the Life of Lily. She is adjusting to our new apartment and her life here. She has a lot of puppy in her still and loves to run, play fetch and act a little crazy. But for the most part she is very chill. In fact she spends most of her day either under one of the side tables laying down or here:
The other day I was going through my camera and came across a picture with Allie in the corner and it make me pause for a minute. I still definitely miss her and her crazy ridiculous monster ways. She was an absolutely mess, but her little personality was hilarious. But I also know that Lily has been given to me at a perfect time in a perfect way. I am so grateful to the Lord for knowing exactly what I need, even in the seemingly small things like which dog will be a good fit for me.

Lily is so incredibly loving and just wants to be with me all the time. And she is extremely loyal--stays right by my side. In fact, there are times where she is able to go places with me and doesn't even need her leash because she is so attached and was trained so well in her foster home (not that we do that often, or ever really--but I do know it's a possibility).

And this morning I took Lily with me on my jog for the first time and she did SO WELL!! She stayed right by my side the entire time and either walked or jogged right alongside me. I am excited that she will be able to go with me and deal with my erratic pace and I get settled into my running routine.

So that's what Lily has been up to--lots of sleeping, lots of cuddling, some eating and some exercise. Oh the rough life of a dog.

No comments: