August 6, 2011

Breakfast Tacos

Well friends, I have failed miserably at sticking to my meal plan this week. I made the crockpot sirloin steaks early in the week... but then it was so hot when I got home that I didn't want to touch the oven or crockpot. So I had PB&J for dinner most nights this week.

I did make a crockpot full of chicken spaghetti this afternoon, so hopefully that will help get me back on track for this week. I shared that recipe a while back (it was from my sister-in-law) and it really is one of my absolute favorites. I made it for a work pot luck a few months ago and everyone loved it. And when I make it at home it makes about 10 meals for me (it fills my entire 5 qt slow cooker!). So I have some ready for this week and some frozen for after the move.

One thing I did make this week was freezer friendly breakfast tacos. I got the idea from this website (which has a ton of freezer friendly meals!) but I varied it a lot.

I used 6 eggs, 1 lb turkey sausage, cheddar cheese and smaller flour tortillas.

I cooked the sausage and decided not to add any taco seasoning as was suggested... I scrambled the eggs and seasoned them with salt and pepper.

Then I added those together and wrapped them in tortillas with the cheese.

It ended up making 13 breakfast tacos. I ate one that morning for breakfast and I really liked it. And the rest are in my freezer ready for mornings when I need to grab a quick breakfast for the road.
So I may not have done a great job of sticking to the meal plan, but at least I did something. baby steps, right? ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I can understand the oven. I was cooking in our house the other day and thought I was going to die every time I opened it. I can imagine it would be a million times worse in an apartment!!!