October 28, 2009

Nicki's "Laura Tote Bag"

So my week in Virginia has been absolutely AMAZING so far. Yesterday Nicki had work and school all day so I had a day of down time which was so wonderful. I went on a long walk and then spent the afternoon shopping!!! (or I guess it was browsing because I didn't buy a thing... but sometimes that is my favorite day at the stores!)

Today, as Nicki called it, was take Laura to school day. I got to go and sit in on her classes... which most of her classmates and even her professors couldn't believe that I wanted to come. But it was so interesting and really is so applicable to what I do now. We talked about behavior prevention and assessments of children
.
It was just so great to get to spend a day in the life of Nicki. I loved getting to see campus and meet everyone and see what she in learning! As Mathis said, Nicki wanted a Laura tote bag to carry around everywhere... and I am loving getting to see everything!

I'm excited for the rest of the week too! It has been so wonderful just to spend the week here and get to have some down time!

No comments: