October 10, 2009

Fall Traditions


There is something about Fall that makes me want to watch Football! Needless to say, I was very excited that the Baylor vs OU game was on ABC today (it's the first game that was actually televised in the DFW area). Sadly the Bears lost... I read in the paper this morning that the predicted point spread was 25.5... and we lost by 26 points... way to hold true to those predictions! But I still love my Baylor Bears!!

But my love for football goes back from before my Baylor days to my good old Garland Owls! By the time I started High School, I had been going to their football games for 6 years. My oldest brother played on the team while he was in High School, so my parents had season tickets. And I can remember several trips to go to games in Odessa or Abilene or Tyler and the treasured memories of games at Texas Stadium! Garland football games were one of my dad's favorite things and I think that's part of the reason I love it so much too! It's hard for me to go to a football game without remembering him next to me singing the National Anthem and standing through the whole game cheering on the team! And this year they are 3-0 for their district so far... very exciting! I love getting to still hear about them through my youth who go to the games :)

Even though the Bears (bless their hearts) struggle their way through the regular Big XII season, I still cheer them on every week and follow the games online when they aren't televised!

Nothing says Fall in Texas like High School and College Football :)

No comments: