February 11, 2009

Why is my dog the exception?

So Allie has never followed any of those normal rules. Last year when she was spayed I expected at least an evening of her calm and out of it--not Allie-girl, that night she was running around like crazy trying to jump on everything!

Today, she got her teeth cleaned at the vet (I know, I know she's spoiled, but we have a wellness plan through Petsmart, and that is included, so i figured why not do it?!) So they have to give her anesthesia for the teeth cleaning and when I picked her up today they told me 2 things.
1.She'll be groggy tonight and probably just lay around and
2. don't feed her until about 7 or 8 and when I do only give her 1/2 or 1/4 of what she usually eats because she might still feel nauseous.

Well Allie is running around and jumping like she always does... and since we got home she keeps going and sitting by her food bowl and looking at me like I'm starving her...

Oh Allie...

1 comment:

Nicki said...

maybe this is the lord's way of preparing you for difficult children. ok, totally kidding... because seriously, we all know that our children will be perfect angels since our degree prepared us to raise perfect children! :)