February 14, 2009

Wanting to be better...

I have to admit that I struggle with something (well if I'm being honest, I struggle with a lot of things...). But in particular I struggle with being knowledgeable about current events. I try to watch the news when I can and try to stay up on things, but if I am honest I really have no clue what is going on outside my little bubble.

In an attempt to expand my horizons, I signed up to get daily emails from the New York Times with all of the days headlines. So each morning I wake up to an email with the days headlines. But usually I am too tired in the morning, so I leave it as new for when I get home. But by the time I get home I have more interesting things to read... like my daily tips from Hungry Girl and usually an email or 2 from friends and family.

All that to say that even with my daily emails I struggle. But this week I have been trying to be better because I really want to actually know what's going on around me... not just what other people tell me about it! Every day this week I have browsed the top stories there and on my google homepage... Any tips on staying up to date on the latest news?

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Mathis loves CNN, but I prefer to have the Today Show on every morning while I'm getting ready!!

Happy LOVE Day!!