February 22, 2009

His Name is Isaac...

His name is Isaac
.... and his favorite subject is numbers
.... and he has 4 sisters and a brother
.... and he is 6 years old
.... and his dream for the future is to become a teacher

Today I added a Compassion International link to my sidebar, so I thought I'd talk a little bit about my experience so far with Compassion. I started sponsoring Isaac last fall and he has already been such a blessing to me. I get letters from him and each one ends telling me thanks for choosing to be his friend and that he is praying for me and my family.

Isaac lives in Uganda, and I already love the relationship I have formed with him. He is a precious little boy and his love for Jesus shines in every contact I have with him.

I have thought about sponsoring a child through an organization like this for a long time, but had never taken that step. I am so glad I did. I love the way that Compassion is set up and that I am constantly reminded that the world is bigger than my little bubble and that this precious child is learning about Jesus' love for him halfway across the world.

His name is Isaac and he is my very special friend thanks to Compassion.

No comments: