December 19, 2018

What's Up Wednesday



What we're eating this week
Cooper and David had pizza while I was out Monday night, Tuesday one of our local Chick Fil A's had a promotion where if you buy food that day you can come back in January and get that entire order free so we did that for dinner.  I've also been trying to cook a different soup recipe every week this Fall/Winter and have been experimenting with my new Instant Pot so those will get us through the rest of the week!

What I'm reminiscing about
I can't find an older picture, but Cooper is wearing a bunch of Chase's hand-me-downs this season and it's been reminding me of little Chase in his reindeer sweater vest and all of his Christmas fun when he was about 2.  

What I'm loving
How much Cooper is enjoying Christmas music!  He loves singing Jingle Bells and Falalalala whenever he hears those songs, he tries to sing along with our Advent songs, and comes up with new songs all the time.  Love this little drummer boy of mine!

What we've been up to
Lots of Christmas parties and events.  Last week I had a Christmas dinner and small gift exchange with our small group girls and a favorite things brunch with the girls from our entire ABF.  We also went to Three Trees over the weekend and helped serve there.

What I'm dreading
Can't think of anything specifically right now.

What I'm working on

Currently I'm working on Christmas presents that I'm not going to share here, but a recent thing we just finished working on were some neighbor gifts.  We've talked about doing gifts for our neighbors for a few years, but have never gotten up the nerve to do it.  This year we decided we were going for it, so we made Cinnamon Rolls and took them to 4 of our neighbors over the weekend.  It was fun meeting a few new people and getting to work on baking together with David.

What I'm excited about
Christmas with Cooper!  He loves all the lights and songs and is having such a fun time this month.  I'm looking forward to David having a week off and us enjoying time with family next week.

What I'm watching/reading

Hallmark Christmas movies and Christmas baking shows (Christmas Cookie Challenge, Holiday Gingerbread Showdown, The Great American Baking Show)

What I'm listening to
Still all the Christmas music.  We have Amazon Music or Spotify (This Journeywomen Christmas playlist is one of my favorites) going most of the day (when we're not watching Hallmark Christmas movies of course)

What I'm wearing
Leggings and Boots!  I got a new pair of Lularoe Christmas leggings so I've been wearing those a lot as well as all of my other leggings with my boots and tunics.

What I'm doing this weekend
We don't have any specific plans, but we're hoping to see some more Christmas lights and maybe introduce Cooper to a Christmas movie or two and just enjoy some time together.

What I'm looking forward to next month
The first weekend of January will be busy with a birthday party for Piper and I'm helping host a baby shower for a friend.  And as nice as it is to have a break from all of our weekly obligations, I know we'll be excited to get back into our routines next month.

What else is new
We've been trying out some different Christmas activities with Cooper.  I had lots of ideas saved and haven't done many of them yet, so I'm bringing them out this week leading up to Christmas.  None of them hold his attention for very long, but he gets excited each time a new one is brought out and then he usually comes back to it the next day too.

No comments: