April 1, 2018

Cooper's Cubbyhole: 12 months

Happy Birthday my little love!

Diaper Size:  4
Clothing Size: 9 months
Things you Love: Mommy, Daddy, Lily, Walking, Ducks, Music, Eating, Peek-a-boo, your push toy
Things you Don’t Love:  Diaper changes, your car seat and being told no or redirected
Eating:  You are still loving food.  We went ahead and started transitioning from formula to whole milk this past week and you’ve taken right to it without skipping a beat!  You still love fruit and cheese best, but will eat chicken, eggs, ground beef, sausage, and some vegetables. You also love snacks like cereal bars, raisins, and crackers.  
Milestones: You started taking independent steps this month!  At the beginning of the month, you started taking a few steps between us when we prompted you to.  In the past week or so you’ve been doing more walking on your own and you love walking and trying to get around.  You’ve also been getting clearer with signs and letting us know what you want, although you can’t always tell us and you definitely can’t always get what you’re asking for!   You love to play with your Little People toys and your favorite thing to do is to unload all the shelves and baskets that we have. You are starting to pay more attention to books when we read.  


Happy Birthday my sweet Cooper Paul!  This past year has been one of the very best in my life and I am grateful that God made me your Mom.  You bring so much laughter and joy into my days and I can’t image life without you! I am so grateful for all of the ways God has healed me and restored me through your short life so far and I look forward to all He will teach us both in the years to come.  You are full of energy and fun. You are crawling everywhere and trying so hard to walk, you love taking steps and get so excited and ask for more every time we practice. I know soon you’ll be running and I’ll be chasing after you. As much as I loved this first year and reminisce about your baby days, I wouldn’t trade these days with you for anything.  Every stage may bring new challenges, but it also brings more fun and adventure for us! Being your mom is the best job I’ve ever had and I can’t wait to keep experiencing life with you. What a year we’ve had together my silly boy. I love you so much and can’t wait for all that comes next!




No comments: