April 4, 2018

Easter and Cooper's Birthday

Well we made it through the busy weekend of Cooper's first Birthday and Easter all rolled into one!  

 We got Cooper up singing Happy Birthday and led him out to a hallway full of balloons.  He loved playing with them and they have been a fun addition to our living room all week!

Then we had breakfast.  I had planned to try to make one shaped pancakes with a 1 cookie cutter as seen on Pinterest, but it was definitely a Pinterest fail since they didn't hold their shape--which is fine since we just tore them up for him anyway!  I did cut a few pieces of his cheese into the number 1 and he had cheese and blueberries (his 2 favorites) along with his first pancakes for his birthday breakfast.
After breakfast we got dressed and ready for church.  Then we attempted a little Easter photo shoot with his bunny and his duck.

If you've never heard Cooper's silly laugh, this is a picture of it and I highly encourage you check it out some time-- it is so random and goofy and funny.

He doesn't sit as still as he used to for pictures!

Then we met up with my family to go to my mom's church for Easter.  It was fun seeing some old friends briefly.  Then we headed back to my mom's for lunch and naptime--Cooper ended up napping for 2.5 hours (since he didn't nap in the morning) and my niece and nephew were anxiously waiting for him to wake up so we could do the egg hunt.  We were talking about how hard it was to wait and Chase said "yeah, especially when I've got Easter on my mind!"

My brother and David hid the eggs for the kids-- each kid had their own eggs, so Piper's were on the ground, Chase's were a little higher and Cooper's were just in a pile on the patio since he's not quite ready for hunting eggs!

He did well putting some of them in the basket, until he got to the baseball shaped one and then he just wanted to tell me "ball" over and over and show it to me.

We opened up all the eggs and Cooper got some money for his piggy bank and some toddler snacks.  These three cousins make life so fun!

Then it was time to head inside for Cooper's birthday dessert.  My mom bought cupcakes for everyone and we sang Happy Birthday to Cooper.

Blowing out the candle.

He was definitely a fan of the icing- he mainly just threw the cake off his tray.

It was a Happy Birthday for our sweet and silly 1 year old!  We were all exhausted by the time we got home that evening!




No comments: