April 3, 2018

Cooper's 1 Year Photo Shoot

When I first started planning Cooper's room over a year ago, I got my Pinterest board together and added lots of ideas.  After I pinned ideas for our Baseball themed nursery, Pinterest started recommending other pins including some first birthday party and picture ideas, so I started a board for Cooper's first birthday and saved all the ideas I liked.  When we started talking about Cooper's birthday party a couple of months ago, we discussed some other theme ideas to go along with some of his interests (like DUCKS), but we really liked the baseball ideas we had found and it offered a lot of great material to work with!  Plus, we already have so much baseball stuff that we don't have to buy much for decorations.  His party is this coming weekend, so I'll definitely share details after it happens.

But one of the things I really loved was the idea of taking his 1 year old pictures at a baseball field.  I thought this was kind of special and different and the pictures I'd seen were so cute.  So that's what really sold me on the idea of doing some fun baseball themed things for his first birthday.  I had planned to take them this week during the week, but I wasn't sure what the weather would do, so we took advantage of the nice day on Saturday to go and take some pictures.  I was so glad that we did it on the weekend when David could be there--it was nice having him to help with organizing all the stuff and helping to get Cooper to smile, and I love having a few pictures of each of us with Cooper.  So here is an overload of pictures from our photoshoot of our 1 year old!

We started in the dugout and Cooper had fun walking around and banging on the bench


He tried so hard to hold the bat, but couldn't quite figure it out.

I can't even with this picture and him looking so sweetly at his daddy!  I wasn't able to capture any good smiles from him in this pose, but to me this is so much better!

Then we headed to the field and worked on taking some steps before setting up for more pictures

Safe!

 He loved having all of his books and toys out there, but they definitely kept him distracted so they only lasted a few pictures!

 There was a game going on on the field next to us, so Cooper was clapping along with the spectators


His face in this one made both David and I laugh

I made his shirt and love how it turned out! 
I also made him a shirt to wear on Easter/his actual birthday, it was a disaster, so at least one of the two worked out well!

Watching some more baseball!

Love this little guy so much


Then it was cake time!  Although he didn't immediately eat it, he went right for it to explore





Love my sweet boy and I'm so glad we were able to capture some fun pictures of this snapshot of time!

1 comment: