October 21, 2016

Life Lately

I feel like right now we have a lot going on and nothing going on all at the same time.  There's obviously a lot of changes coming that we are spending a lot of our time talking about, planning for, and dreaming about.  But day to day, life is pretty boring.  Not a ton going on, but still want to be able to look back and remember some of these things, so I thought I'd do a little Life Lately update.

Right before we left on vacation, I started the Women's Bible Study at our church.  I haven't been a part of it before because of scheduling and other Bible Studies I was doing, but I felt like this semester was a good time to check it out.  We are going through the Sermon on the Mount and it has been a really great study so far.  I'm enjoying the daily questions and the group time and getting to know some new women at our church.

I started a Prenatal Yoga class that our hospital offers.  In early August I saw a Groupon deal for 6 months worth of classes for a really great price.  So even though it was still very early in my pregnancy, I went ahead and bought it.  I got registered and finally started going at the beginning of this month and I usually go once a week (although it is offered 2x week) and I'm really enjoying it.

I've got my Fall decorations all our and ready to go.  The biggest hit is always the Fall candy that I put out as part of our decor-- it's a variety of Reese's, Hershey Kisses, York Peppermint Patties and Candy Corn-- we snack on it with our Community Group when they come over on Wednesday nights and I definitely grab a few Hershey Kisses while I sit on the couch since they are so closeby :)

I am also teaching ESL again this semester since I have some extra time during the day.  The class is different than the last time I taught because it is based at an elementary school and is parents of students at that school.  The students are at a variety of levels with their English, but we are working through several lessons together and trying to find ways to make it applicable to their lives as parents and their involvement in the schools.

For about 2 months the walls of our nursery have looked like this.  I knew I wanted to do something different than the bright blue we've had, but I had the hardest time deciding on paint colors.  I borrowed several samples from Erin and then ended up buying several more to find the right color.  I even almost completely covered one of the walls with 3 different colors so we could see which of those we liked best.  We settled on a color in late August and even bought the paint over Labor Day weekend, but we were waiting to donate some of the furniture and get that room a little more organized before we painted.  We finally got it painted a few weekends ago with the help of our friends Lucas and Yali.  David and I did the first coat ourselves that morning and then Lucas and Yali came over after lunchtime and we did the second coat all together and it went by much quicker.  Thankful for friends who offer up help for tasks such as these!

So we've got our newly painted walls and we rearranged some of the furniture to make it fit better.  David's parents also very generously bought us this new rocking chair and I love it.  It is so comfortable and I sit in it a lot even now.  With my ridiculous sleep schedule and being up for a few hours in the middle of most nights, I find myself sitting in this chair to read and relax and it is so comfortable.  David even moved the TV and Wii (that we use for Netflix) from our room into this room for now so we have a really comfortable place to watch Netflix.  I can't wait to rock our baby in this chair and I know we will get a lot of use out of it!  So thankful for it.

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing around our house, going on lots of walks, entertaining my puppy and watching lots of college football on the weekends.  I also usually spend about 1 day a week bugging (or hanging out with) Erin while she is on bedrest-- I take lunch over and we talk about all kinds of things to pass the time.  

I'm so grateful for this slower season of life as we gear up for a lot of changes to come.  Trying to enjoy all of the little moments and the rest right now!

And that's life lately.

No comments: