June 3, 2016

May Save the Date

It's hard to believe it's already June!  May was a very crazy month for us and we had a lot going on.  I felt like it was a really long month in a lot of ways.  I'm grateful for these moments with my guy in the midst of all the craziness.


For our first date of May, I surprised David with tickets to the new Captain America movie.  I knew it was one he'd want to see, and we don't get out to movies too often right now.  So I lined up a babysitter and got the ball rolling.  I even bought an AMC gift card while grocery shopping so the charge wouldn't show up on our credit card and tip him off.  The morning of the date, I left a copy of the ticket confirmation in his car asking if he wanted to go on a date with me.  We enjoyed dinner out and a movie together and it was a great night.

And then we were homebodies for the rest of the month...

The weather in May was crazy, but we took advantage of one of the nice nights to spend the evening on our back patio enjoying dinner and conversation together after we put the kids to bed.

 We also spent an evening catch up on our DVR and watching a movie together

And last weekend we spent an evening playing some trivia.  We both play on the app Quiz Up and we will challenge each other to different topics sometimes, but I thought it would be fun to do a tournament and play through lots of topics together.  We made a list of some of his top categories and some of mine, some of the ones we have in common and then some that neither of us had ever played.  For each category we played 3 rounds and saw who one at least 2 out of 3 before moving on.  David won the most overall categories, but I held my own for most of them.  

Thankful this guy is by my side through all the months, especially the crazy ones!

No comments: