September 26, 2015

Pinterest Cooking: Pumpkin Spice Everything

The first day of Fall was this past week!  My very favorite time of year is here.  Even though it still feels like summer, I figured it was time to break out a few of the pumpkin recipes and I thought I'd try a few new ones this week.

We had ICF last night and I signed up to bring a dessert, so I set out to make a few different things to take.  Our students don't typically like really sweet things, so it can be hard to find a good dessert to take since most of what we make here is very sweet.

The first things I made were these Skinny Pumpkin Spice Brownies.  They looked and had the consistency of fudge more than brownies.  They had a very interesting taste--not the best thing I've ever had, I'd probably prefer a regular ole brownie.  But these are a little lighter version and a fun twist on brownies for Fall.

The other thing I made were these two-ingredient Pumpkin Muffins.  I've been making the same recipe for pumpkin muffins for years and while they are delicious, I thought I'd try something new this time.  These were very easy.  It really is just a box of Spice Cake mix (despite the picture) and a can of pumpkin--mixed together and baked in a muffin tin.  And I thought they were very delicious!  I'll probably still go to my old faithful recipe a lot, but this will definitely be one I'll make when I need something quick and easy.

I've also made a few non-food Pumpkin "recipes" I found on  Pinterest.
A few Saturdays ago we had a really nice cool morning and it seemed like the perfect time to start the pumpkin spice.  So I made a batch of this Pumpkin Spice Soap.  It was really easy to make and it smells amazing.  I'm loving having it available at our sink.


And yesterday I whipped up a batch of this Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub.  I love to use a sugar scrub every once in a while in the shower, and I had just finished up a lemon one I'd made, so this was a perfect time to get a new one going for Fall!



No comments: