December 3, 2013

Tuesday Randoms

Just a few things on my mind today

First, my best friend Erin is blogging this week about her journey with Crohn's disease as a part of Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week.  I am so grateful for her in my life and as I've walked a small part of this road with her this past year since her diagnosis I've been humbled to see all that she's walking through and all that the Lord is doing in her life. And I want to be committed for the rest of this week to wear purple for her.  She's got some good information to share if you're interested



Second--I've read a few places that today is "Giving Tuesday" (I guess to go along with Black Friday and Cyber Monday and all those other crazy days this time of year), so I wanted to share something I just learned about yesterday--Amazon Smile.  Is this a brand new thing or have I just been in the dark?  

If you've been in the dark like me, let me tell you what it is.  It's Amazon, same deals, shipping, account, everything... but you choose a Charity and .5% of what you spend on eligible purchases goes to a charity of your choice.  Which is a small amount, but it's still something.

You just go to smile.amazon.com and choose your charity and link your account.  And then shop like you would on Amazon.  I use Amazon a lot--especially when buying Christmas gifts this time of year--so it's a fun addition to that site.  

And there are a lot of charities to choose from.  I first searched and found the foundation for the agency I work for on there.  But I also found some other familiar places in my search such as my church, Compassion International through which I sponsor a child in Uganda, and even the Chrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Inc.  

So there's today's PSA if you hadn't heard about it yet.  Seems easy enough to me :)


No comments: