December 22, 2013

Baking for Christmas

Yesterday I went over to my mom's to help with Christmas baking (which is now becoming an annual thing for us).

My mom has baked lots of Christmas goodies for as long as I can remember.  She always bakes up batches of several different things and gives them out as gifts.  We've tried to get together a few times already, but this month has seemed a little more crazy than most Decembers so it kept getting pushed back.  I'm glad we were finally able to do it though.

My mom hadn't been feel great this week, so I offered to go buy any things she still needed for the baking.  I went to the grocery store around 6 yesterday morning (the employees think I'm crazy, but it's kinda nice shopping when no one else is there... and I can't sleep anyway!)
And stocked up on anything we could need.

We made some of our traditional, every-year-necessity treats
Peanut Butter Balls
Fudge

Snowballs and Cut out Cookies

And then my mom decided to try a few different things this year
Oreo Bark
Peppermint Bark
and Chex Mix

It was a good day with her and we got a lot accomplished!




No comments: