February 1, 2012

Small Blessings

It has been a long week already, but full of small blessings and reminders of God's provision.

We are a month into the new year and this year has definitely not been anything like I expected yet.  The last month has been crazy.  And stressful in a lot of ways.  I feel like I've been going full-speed with no end in sight.

And to make things even crazier, my sleep schedule has been ridiculous the past few weeks.  I have always had difficulty sleeping.  Even when I was little I would have trouble falling asleep.  Now I don't have trouble falling asleep, but I do have a hard time falling back to sleep when I wake up.  And I cannot sleep in past about 7:00.

At the beginning of January my internal alarm moved itself up to 5:45 every morning for a week and then 4:45.  And I thought that was bad.

Until every night for the last 2 weeks I have woken up at 2:30 wide awake.  And every night but 1 I have laid awake for at least a couple hours.  Usually I fall back asleep about an hour before my alarm goes off.  So I definitely did not take it for granted that I slept from the time I went to bed last night until my alarm went off this morning.

I am grateful for the Lord's provision in rest and reminders that He is in control even when I feel completely out of control.

No comments: