December 22, 2011

A Tacky Christmas



This past Sunday the 20s Group had a Tacky Sweater Christmas Party.  I was part of the group that planned the party and I think it ended up being a lot of fun.  It was a great time of laughter and catching up with everyone... silly games, singing, and a Christmas Message.

But just incase you didn't know.... there is a lot of effort that goes into making things "tacky"


 I started looking for food ideas a few weeks ago and felt like nothing fit the Christmas theme more than Santa and Snowman cookies... so here is just a glimpse of some of the goodies I made for the party.


We found some pretty good sweaters/outfits at Goodwill, but figured we could always "improve" on them... so last week, Katie, Melissa, Amy & I got together to make them even tackier.  Here is Katie adding feathers to the birds on her sweater 

 And Amy sewing jingle bells onto her dress
 Melissa didn't have a sweater to decorate, so she was our consultant...here she is making Amy's bow
And the beginnings of my sweater
Finished Products! (with the Christmas Moose of course!)

No comments: