April 8, 2015

Cooking up Memories: Creamy Baked Chicken Breasts

It feels like we are on the go all the time, even though I know we really aren't.  Most weeks we may only have 1 night at home, and some weeks I have none.  So on those nights it can be really hard for me to find motivation to cook--after 10 hours of work all I want to do is curl up on the couch or sit on our porch and read a book.  I'm trying to get better about planning our meals out each week and having things for us to eat, since our natural inclination would be to just grab something quick on our way home or on our way to our activities. 

I was grateful for a Wednesday night at home this week, so I decided to try out one of my recipes.  I had given David a choice between a few dinner dishes a couple of weeks ago and this is the one he chose for me to make.  I've had the ingredients for a little while but just now got around to making it.


This recipe came from my sister-in-law's mom.  I've been given a handful of her recipes over the years and all of them turn out very well.  This was an easy one to throw together, but it takes almost an hour to cook so it can be hard to make on our nights when we're not home long--so it was good to have time to make it tonight.

Creamy Baked Chicken Breasts
*4 skinned, boned Chicken Breasts {I didn't really pay attention to this when I was shopping, so I used boneless skinless} *4 slices of Swiss Cheese *1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, Undiluted *1/4 cup Chicken Broth *1 cup Herb-seasoning Stuffing Mix, Crushed
-Arrange Chicken in a lightly greased dish
-Top with Cheese Slices
-Combine soup & broth well and spoon over chicken
-Sprinkle with Stuffing
-Bake 45-55 minutes

I'll be honest, this wasn't my favorite dinner.  I am not a huge fan of Swiss Cheese and I could really taste that flavor in it.  So if you like Swiss Cheese, I'm sure you'd like this one.  I may try it again sometime with a different type of cheese.  Otherwise, it was a good texture and came together well!  David said he really liked it--thankful for an easygoing husband who likes most things and is grateful for any dinner :)

No comments: