June 1, 2014

May iPhone Rewind

So I haven't ever done an iPhone rewind, but I really like the idea of looking back at the month and summarizing it all.  Looking back at what I've posted and sharing what I haven't gotten a chance to post yet, so I decided to do one today for the month of May

I started off May with a trip to Canton with Erin.  We had to start off our road trip with our traditional Taco Cabana breakfast.  It was a great day looking around with her and seeing all the Canton treasures

On my way back from Canton, David texted me to say he though Lily's tail was broken.  She had been acting strange and not really wagging her tail since the night before and he started doing some research.  We called to make her a vet appointment and I took her in the Monday morning.  Luckily her tail was not broken and there was  a relatively easy fix for her.  This is her on the way home--happy as can be


 In honor of Cinco de Mayo I made us some tacos and queso.  May brought the winding down of many of our weekly activities, so it was nice to enjoy a few nights at home

We went on our date of the month to play Disc Golf at the Park.  It was fun getting to spend time outside with the weather getting nicer.

 I made 2 cakes for Mothers Day.  I made a chocolate bundt cake to take to David's mom when we went for Sunday lunch.  And then we had my mom over for dinner that night and I made her grandmother's Carrot Cake for the first time.  I thought both cakes turned out very well!

 I was able to celebrate the graduation of 2 dear friends and meet Yali's parents on their trip here from China (Ivy's parents are coming this summer, so I hope to meet them as well!)

 We went to a Sunday afternoon Rangers game with my family.  My brother got us seats in the lower deck, but under the overhang so we were able to enjoy the game in the shade, which made it very nice.  It was fun getting to spend the afternoon with my family--especially our nephew who likes to cheer on the Rangers

 We took a few more trips out to the trails by our apartment.  It was crazy how much greener everything had gotten since our last trip out there.  We stopped for a picnic lunch on this rock and Lily had a great time!
And yesterday we ended May with a trip to Ham Orchards for blackberry picking!  We were able to go out with our friend Amy and a few of our international student friends.  We picked blackberries, bought produce and goodies from their country store and enjoyed some BBQ at their pavillion.  You can read more details about this trip on Amy's blog post about it :) 


No comments: