October 2, 2011

Fall Favorite #4: Weather

Of course, the weather is a big plus for Fall. Granted, Texas doesn't really know what Fall Weather is. But considering how miserably hot our summers are, any reprieve is welcome! I spend most of the summer inside because it can be dangerous to spend too much time outside.

So once it gets out of the triple digit temps, I am ready for fall.

And so is this girl:
We love walks. And it is nice to be able to walk and not feel like we are dying after such a short time. I foresee lots of trips to the park in our future.

In addition to weather, I thought I'd add in a few of my not-so-favorite things about Fall (I mean it can't all be wonderful, huh?)
1. Darkness. It is really sad that as soon as it is cool enough to take long walks, it is almost dark by the time I get home. And I really hate late visits in the Fall and Winter when I am leaving a family's home and it's dark outside.
2. Allergies. I have always had bad allergies in December because I am allergic to pine trees. But last year and this year my allergies have started in mid-September and last through Christmas. It is so not my favorite thing.

But I'll take beautiful days as a trade in for these things any time!

No comments: