October 23, 2010

Exciting Weekend

It has been exciting around here this weekend!

Last night the Texas Rangers made their playoff history by beating the Yankees and putting themselves into the World Series! I have never been a big Baseball fan, but it is still very exciting for the Rangers to have made it this far.

Mama Reed loves the Texas Rangers and we often go to games together, so I was even more glad that she and my brother and sister-in-law were able to go to the game last night and be there for the history making moment. My mom sent me this picture that she took after the game:

And this weekend was also Baylor Homecoming. Since I had the opportunity to see the Bears play at the Cotton Bowl a few weeks back, I decided to forgo the trip to Waco for Homecoming this year. Just in the last few days I started getting very sad about missing it, but I was cheering on my Bears from home!

After a long weather delay of the game, Baylor beat Kansas State 47-42 for their 6th win this year (and to give them a 3-1 conference record) making them Bowl Eligible for the first time in over a decade! Such an exciting night for my Baylor Bears!! And we still have some exciting games to come... 4 more conference games where we will face Texas and Texas A&M along with OU and OSU who are both fairly highly ranked. It should be an exciting rest of the season.

And hopefully the networks learned their lesson by not televising today's exciting game and I will actually get to watch the rest of the season unfold...but even if not I will be closely following the games cheering on those boys.

Sic 'em Bears!!

No comments: