November 25, 2009

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and of course Thanksgiving is all about the food! Every year we spend Thanksgiving at my grandparent's house in Palestine, TX. Since my Grandma passed away when I was in college, my mom and aunts now prepare our meal for the day! This year my mom signed me up to make one of my favorite recipes which is my Grandmother's Sour Cream Coffee Cake!

So this morning I set out to make it and I think it turned out well!

Here's the recipe:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Topping: 1/2 cup nuts, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat Oven to 350
Cream sugar and butter
Add eggs and vanilla and beat well
Add dry ingredients with sour cream
In a separate bowl mix the topping ingredients together
Spread 1/2 of the batter in a greased 9x13 pan
Sprinkle with 1/2 the topping
Add rest of to batter and smooth to an even layer (which btw... easier said that done!)
And sprinkle the remaining topping
Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees
*Can refrigerate overnight and bake in the morning; freezes well

This is what you get:

No comments: