July 7, 2009

What's been going on?

I know it's been a while since I've written anything. Basically all my life has consisted of recently is working, pretty much non-stop and then being exhausted every evening and sleeping. Nothing too exciting to update on! But I did have a wonderful 3 day weekend for the 4th of July!!

I started off Friday by sleeping in and then taking Allie for a long walk. We went over to my mom's around lunch time, and Allie stayed with her for Friday night and Saturday! I headed out to Addison for Kaboomtown with Erin and her parents!

We enjoyed some hotdogs and a funnel cake while waiting for the Fireworks and then saw the amazing fireworks show!

On the 4th I woke up and went down to the pool at my apartment. It was the first time I had been swimming all summer and it was so nice to lay out and a read a book by the pool and then swim when I needed to cool off! Great start to the holiday :)

I also decided to use my laid-back day on the 4th for crafts. I have had a pattern to sew this blanket for a long time and have been wanting to make it. I decided to start by making a smaller version (that could be Allie's of course, because my dog is ridiculously spoiled) so I could practice it. Luckily Hobby Lobby had all of their fabrics 30% off on Saturday, so I got some good deals! I spent the afternoon on Saturday sewing and finished the blanket and I think it was a success:
Well that is about all that has been going on with me!

1 comment:

erin m said...

Allie's blanket is ADORABLE! And I LOVE the new blog!!! Isn't that a fun site?? :)