September 1, 2008

Labor Day...

I have very much enjoyed having today off! I didn't do much. Allie and I spent the morning at the dog park (which as I'm sure you can tell, has become a regular thing for us!). One thing I have done this weekend is spend a lot of time in the kitchen!

Tonight I am going to hang out with some people from my ABF and I decided to make a dessert to take. And I have really been wanting some Chocolate Eclaire Pie which is my mom's specialty. She makes it every Christmas and usually for at least 1 of our birthday's a year and any time she needs a dessert to take somewhere! So I whipped out the recipe and made a Chocolate Eclaire.

Then I was looking at all of my cookbooks and decided I really wanted to try to make a cheesecake from the book my mom gave me for my last birthday. It is a cheesecake book from Junior's which is a famous Cheesecake bakery in New York. I made my first cheesecake from there on Easter--a plain cheesecake with chocolate topping. Today I decided I would try to make the Strawberry Swirl Little Fellas--they just finished cooling and they are so good!

And of course I didn't want Allie to feel left out, so I also made her a treat for Labor Day--Frosty Paws!! I got the original recipe for frosty paws from my sister-in-law Aja who makes them for her sweet puppy Maggie. And they have traveled and are now made not only in my home, but also at Nicki's and Erin's! So it has been an eventful day in the kitchen--but I have loved it! Hope everyone enjoyed a day off!

No comments: