September 16, 2020

Sew Fun: Jon Jons

It has been really interesting to see how different Cooper and Miles are so far.  One of the main differences already is their size.  Miles at 4 months is about the size Cooper was at 9 months.  Which means that a lot of our holiday stuff won't work for M even though he will be younger than Cooper was during the holiday seasons.  So I'd been on the lookout for some other clothes for M and kept seeing cute shortalls/longalls/Jon Jons.  Because Cooper was so slim onesies and pants worked great for him, but Miles definitely seems to fit better in one piece outfits.  So after looking at all these expensive outfits, I thought I'd see if I could find a pattern to make them.  I found this pattern on etsy and decided to try it out.

I started out with the shorts version.  One of the things I love is that it is reversible!  So the other side is a plain blue with a dinosaur on it.  I cut all the fabric one evening and sewed the whole thing in little pockets of time last weekend.

Our sweet little model trying it on!

Then I wanted to try out the long version.  I decided to try a reversible Baylor/OU outfit. 

I finished this one up today.  Right now it's a little long on Miles, but I'm sure he'll grow into it soon enough!   

It was a lot of fun getting to be at my sewing machine again creating something for my boy.  And I am pleased with how they turned out!  I'm looking forward to trying some more!

No comments: