January 31, 2019

January iPhone Rewind

I haven't done one of these in a while, but this month was full of lots of everyday moments so I thought this was a good way to wrap up January.
I thought this Goodreads summary of 2018 was interesting!

Piper turned 4 at the beginning of the month and we had so much fun at her party.

In fact this guy still asks to go to "Chase Piper Party" almost every day.  And sometimes is not too happy when I tell him there is no party that day.

I got to help with a shower for my sweet friend Laura.  Her daughter is a few weeks younger than Cooper and one of his favorite playmates-- looking forward to meeting her baby boy in March!

Because sometimes sending parenting Memes to other moms of toddlers is how you laugh your way through the crazy days.

We had some beautiful days this month and did well going on walks at the beginning of the month (and then it all kind of fell apart).  After our walks Cooper likes to play in the front yard and bring me his rock collection.

He "made a snowman" out of an old spice bottle and marshmallows.  He loved this a lot and has even asked for it a few times weeks later when he sees it on the counter.

Sometimes you just gotta go down the slide on your way to the car--even with your backpack on and water in hand.

Snowman bowling (with Styrofoam cups and our snowballs that we use for Christmas decor) was a big hit

We are all about the free things around here.  One of the Chick-fil-A's near us has been doing buy one get one free items every Saturday in January-- I took this picture to send to David and get it on our schedule :)

A family walk to the playground

Cooper thought it was hilarious to run around in my coat, even if it meant he fell down a lot.

I tried out some homemade yogurt in the instant pot and Cooper liked it, so I made him some yogurt pouches and they were great snacks.

Testing out the wagon he got for Christmas.  Gotta bring at least a few balls along for the ride, of course.

Cooper is very into reading the same books over and over.  This picture is actually part of a video I took where he's reciting the last word of almost every sentence of this book he got for Christmas.

A friend of mine helped out in Cooper's Bible Study class one week and sent me some pictures.  He loves Bible Study a lot and I'm grateful for all he's learning there.

Friday morning playing at the Galleria.

Our ceiling fan in our bedroom stopped working so we took it down to try to rewire it.  We snapped this picture to try to figure out what was going on with all the wires!  

Cooper has been loving time in his bedroom lately.  He usually asks us to go "with me" but there are also times I'll find him in there reading a book in the rocking chair (with a paci he found somewhere)

We made some homemade snow with baking soda and conditioner a couple weeks ago and I brought it back out for a distraction while I wasn't feeling well.  It's a big hit-- and a big mess, but most of it stayed on the tablecloth.

 Cooper got this Daniel Tiger for Christmas and just started taking it to bed with him.  And he insisted on bringing him from his bed to our Thursday morning breakfast date.  He held it almost the whole time he ate.  

No comments: