June 27, 2018

What's Up Wednesday



What we're eating this week
This week we've had a chicken bacon ranch bake, Mississippi Chicken, and tonight is Chicken Fajitas.  I also made David a peanut butter pizookie for his birthday on Monday.  And not exactly this week, but we've also been eating some foods from different cultures.  Our church is highlighting all of our missionaries this summer so there is a game and a challenge associated with it, so some of the weeks there is a challenge to eat food from a specific country/region.  So we went out for Thai food in our neighborhood a few weeks ago and then last week I made Butter Chicken that we had along with some Naan and some rice that we picked up from the Indian Bazaar.

What I'm reminiscing about
Timehop and the Prime Photos app both keep me remembering this little guy on a daily basis.  I also have 2 friends who just had babies so lots of memories of tiny Cooper. But it's also nice for me to remember that I snapped this picture right after his first ever 2 hour nap because he usually only napped 30 minutes at a time, and that lasted until he was about 9 months old.  So as much as I reminisce about tiny Coop, toddler Coop is pretty fun too!

What I'm loving 
Early morning trips to the park
I'm sure no one needs to be told how hot it is right now.  But I'm still trying to get in some walking this summer.  In fact, I just signed up for a Stepbet to try to keep me accountable for getting my steps in each day.  And Coop is a fan of being outside.  So we've been going on walks right after breakfast.  I love it because I can listen to podcasts while he rides in the stroller and we usually stop at a park halfway through (we have 3 options within a mile of our house which is amazing) and he gets to run around before we head home.

What we've been up to 
All the summer things!  We've been swimming and splashing and going to the park.  Meeting friends for lunch and doing play dates.  I also helped with VBS at our church last week so Cooper got to spend his mornings with some friends in the nursery.

We're also checking out library storytime this summer at the Richardson library.  Cooper loves the music and books and the bubbles at the end!

What I'm dreading 
Nothing that I can think of.

What I'm working on 
Does our pool count?  I don't have any specific projects I'm working on right now.  But it feels like we have to work on our pool almost every day to keep it maintained at a level that's good for swimming.  It has been super frustrating, honestly, but I spend a little bit of naptime every day checking on it and we have gotten to enjoy some time swimming in it this summer, so I guess it's a little worth it.

What I'm excited about 
Cooper's excitement for and love of swimming!  This past weekend he started sitting on the edge of the pool and jumping in all by himself.  It's a little scary that he has no fear of the pool, but I love that he loves it so much!

What I'm watching/reading 
I had a few books on hold that came available at the same time so I've been working my way through those.  Unfortunately neither of them has been my favorite.  I just finished This is Me which is Chrissy Metz's (from This is Us) memoir and I thought it was just okay.  Parts of it were fun, but parts of it were not my favorite.  I also am reading My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Frederik Bachman.  I really liked A Man Called Ove and I couldn't put Beartown down, so while I was waiting for the follow up to Beartown I thought I'd try one of his other books, but this one is weird so far--I'm only about a third of the way through so we'll see if it gets better!

And we are watching American Ninja Warrior and the Bachelorette like we do most summers.  We've also picked New Girl back up on Netflix recently.

What I'm listening to 
All the podcasts.  A few favorites currently are Coffee and Crumbs and The Journeywoman Podcast.  I also listen to a few podcasts that recap the Bachelorette and they're pretty funny.

What I'm wearing 
I finally bought some new shorts so I've been enjoying those.  I pretty much have worn either dresses or sweats the past 2 summers, so it was time to invest in a few pairs of shorts.  I found a pair at Walmart that seemed good and I loved them so much I went back and got another pair in a different color.  I couldn't find them online, but I'm glad to have them!

What I'm doing this weekend 
David's parents are coming up to celebrate his birthday-- the last of his birthday celebrations.  So we'll spend some time with them Saturday.  Sunday I'm volunteering with the 2 year olds at church and then we'll have some family time that afternoon.  We've been trying to do a technology fast on Sundays and some weeks we do better than others, but it's helped us to be a little more intentional with our time together!

What I'm looking forward to next month 
Next week we're heading to Oklahoma to see family!  Looking forward to some time away with my boys.  I also have my retreat with the MOPS leadership team in July-- it'll be my first night away from Cooper and while I'm a little anxious about that, I'm excited about some time with these ladies!  We also are celebrating our 5th anniversary, not sure exactly what we'll do for that yet, but it'll be fun!

What else is new
This computer that I'm typing on is new!  We've had a desktop computer for about 4 years and it was starting to get pretty slow, so we just recently bought a new laptop and I am loving it!

No comments: