June 12, 2018

Summer Fun: Popsicles

With the hot weather, I thought it would be fun to try out some homemade Popsicles.  I found a recipe to make some low carb/sugar free ones for me using sugar free Jello so I bought some Popsicle molds from IKEA to try them out.  The ones I made for me were pretty good, but not my first choice for a treat for Cooper.  So I took to Pinterest to find some recipes for toddler popsicles.  I found several that were made with fruits and veggies and whipped up a few batches.  I made one batch of these creamy ones with frozen mango, coconut milk, and a little spinach.  And then I made one batch of the Strawberry Raspberry Squash from this post from baby foode (still my favorite site for recipes for Cooper!). 

This weekend we decided to try them out.  We stripped Cooper down to his diaper since we knew he'd make a mess and then we went and enjoyed a popsicle snack outside after nap.
At first he wasn't too sure about it, so David put it in his mouth so he could get a taste.

 But he got the hang of it pretty quickly after that!

 He ate about half of it before he was ready to get down and play.  The red ones may not have been the best ones to start with, but he seemed to like them!  After he finished, we filled up his water table so he could splash and wash off some of the mess.  His favorite thing to do with his water table is dump water all over himself, so it worked out well!

Homemade popsicles were a fun summer treat and we're looking forward to sharing more with him!

This boy loves to eat, so here's a bonus look at some other weekend food adventures.

Our Saturday morning breakfast taco date.  He got so excited every time I'd hand him another tortilla, he would just start giggling.  He ate FOUR tortillas at breakfast as well as the sausage, egg, and cheese from his taco.

Sunday afternoon we walked to a local burger place and David got some of their banana pudding, so we gave Cooper a bite.  He was a big fan!

Honestly, planning and cooking meals has always been a bit of  a chore for me, and I feel like it's even more of a chore now that Cooper and I are at home and I am trying to feed him good things.  But at times it can be fun to try new things for him and he definitely seems to enjoy lots of different foods!

No comments: