August 30, 2017

What's Up Wednesday


It's the last Wednesday in August, so I'm blogging about What's Up with us
What we're eating this week
This month I've been trying to do more meal prep so making dinner isn't quite so crazy.  So at the beginning of August I cooked several pounds of chicken a few different ways--I cooked some in our crock pot with just a little chicken broth, I grilled some, and I baked some with a few different seasonings (from this post).  We ate some right away and froze most of it and then have pulled out a little each week and it's still going strong.  I also bought some frozen fish that was easy to bake to include in our dinner rotations.  So this week we're having Chicken and Bacon wraps, Baked Chicken and Sides, and Baked fish and veggies.  We also have a few crusts left over from our community group's make your own pizza night, so we have 1 pizza night this week!

What I'm reminiscing about
Today is Chase's 6th birthday!  He started Kindergarten last week and we celebrated his birthday over the weekend.  I was recently switching some things over to a new photo backup site and this picture came up: 
And it made me reminisce about my sweet baby nephew and also made me even more aware of how quickly Cooper will be growing up and starting Kindergarten.  But it's also really fun to see 6 year old Chase now.  He is such a fun and kind kid.  At his birthday party on Saturday I looked over and he had taken some time away from hanging out with his older cousins (who are so much fun) to play with "Baby Cooper" and his sweetness melted my heart.  I'm so glad Cooper has his big cousins who live closeby and he gets to grow up with them!

What I'm loving

Baby Giggles!  Cooper is so giggly these days and I would do just about anything to make him laugh.  Luckily right now his giggles come pretty easily.

What we've been up to
Cooper has been up to a lot of rolling over.  When I lay him down to play on the floor, he pretty quickly rolls to his stomach and plays there for a while.  We've also been up to some sleep training--we had to drop the swaddle when Cooper started rolling and he was struggling to stay asleep when we laid him down, so we've been working on him being able to put himself to sleep and he is doing an awesome job!  It's making us slow down a little and spend most of our time at home to help him get into a good sleep routine so that's been dominating most of our days!

What I'm dreading
Honestly?  With all of the devastating things happening in South Texas, it's hard for me to dread or complain about much right now.  

What I'm working on

I don't have any current projects that I am in the middle of--I've got a list of projects to work on next month as we gear up for Cooper to start eating some more foods-- but right now there's nothing specific I'm doing.  But I am spending time working on this Bible Study through Ephesians.  I'm not quite ready to jump back into a weekly Bible Study at our church without knowing what Cooper's schedule will look like, so Erin and I decided to do a study together and we found this one.  The book takes you through an inductive study of the book of Ephesians and I'm working on it little by little.

What I'm excited about
Fall!  I know it's only August, but I love that September is the beginning of the Fall season and all of the fun that will bring.  Looking forward to our first Fall with Cooper!  

What I'm watching/reading
I just finished reading an advanced copy of Melanie Shankle's new book this week.  I didn't get chosen to be on her launch team, but then they came back and offered a digital copy to people who had applied but weren't chosen.  I really enjoyed this book and have a blog post coming in a couple of weeks with more details, so stay tuned.  Or for more info you can check it out here

I've also spent a lot of time this month with this book.  We're following a lot of their suggestions to help Cooper sleep and it's been a great resource!

And we are still watching American Ninja Warrior together.  The city finals just ended and next week starts the finals in Vegas.  We really enjoy watching it on Monday nights together.

In my downtime I also tend to watch reruns of How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation or Gilmore Girls.  

What I'm listening to
Same old podcasts that I've been listening to for the last several months.  It's fun that they always have new episodes, so I can always find something new to listen to!

What I'm wearing
In addition to the yoga pants and tank tops that I wear most of the time, I've also been enjoying my Lularoe leggings when I need something easy for going out of the house.  I actually won this pair of leggings and although the patterns can be a little crazy, the leggings are so soft and comfortable that it's hard not to love them!

I also am loving sporting this necklace that David got me for our anniversary!  


What I'm doing this weekend
Saturday we going to David's parents' house to spend some time with family.  Sunday is our small group and a birthday party for a family friend.  As of now we have no plans for Monday, but are looking forward to a long weekend!

What I'm looking forward to next month
For Chase's birthday, my mom bought him tickets to a Rangers game and is planning to take the whole family.  So we are taking Cooper to his first Rangers game!  Hopefully it'll be a fun afternoon with family--I know David can't wait to experience it with him!

What else is new
Cooper started his first swimming lessons yesterday!  A local swim school has a class called Bathtime Babies for little ones under 6 months.  It is a free mommy and baby class to help get them used to being in the water before real swim lessons start a little later.  Cooper loves the water, so I thought it'd be a fun thing for us to do together.


No comments: