January 17, 2014

High Five for Friday

A random assortment of things on this Friday.

1. One of my favorite discoveries so far this year is Unroll Me.  In the last couple of months my email subscriptions have gotten out of control.  About a year ago I created gmail filters so most of my emails from companies with ads and coupons bypass my inbox and go into a separate folder.  But then the new subscriptions started piling up, especially once we ordered Christmas gifts online so new companies were added.  So I was marking all the emails that needed to unsubscribe from or move to a folder (there were 57 in 4 days.  out. of. control.)  That's when my friend Amy mentioned Unroll Me.  You log in and it shows all your subscriptions and then you can either unsubscribe, keep them as is, or roll them up and get 1 daily email with all of the subscriptions.  I love it.  My email inbox is much cleaner, but I still have access to all my coupons and deals!

2. I have been sick off and on since last Friday.  So I've done a whole lot of sleeping and resting.  I think I am finally on the mend, thankfully.  And I would be glad if it stays away for a while.

3. I've also been doing a lot of reading.  I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I've been taking advantage of the cheap and free kindle books.  I also renewed my library account so I can check out books on my kindle--any time I want to, from my house--it's awesome.  And being sick has definitely left a lot of time for reading.

4. We started our Young Adults Bible Study back this week.  We will be going through the book of Philippians.  It was nice to have a break from all of our weekly meetings over Christmas, but it's also nice to be getting back into our weekly routine--and this was the first one to start back!

5. We have a fun weekend ahead including dinner with friends tonight, a leaders workshop and meeting at church tomorrow, and some movies and shows to catch up on.

No comments: