November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

It has been a great couple of days.  We went to Palestine to visit family for Thanksgiving.  I always have so much to be thankful for, but I feel like this year especially I am feeling blessed this Thanksgiving.  The past month or so has been a crazy whirlwind with things going on with family.  I am grateful that my mom is past most of her cancer treatments and we were able to travel together for Thanksgiving.  And I was grateful yesterday that I got to eat dinner with my Grandpa who has also been facing some health problems the last couple months--it was nice to sit at the table with him and enjoy a meal together.

And today I am grateful for a day off and for getting to put up my Christmas decorations this morning!

This is my favorite part of my apartment right now:


And my newest decorations that were all made this morning:

A friend and I got together Tuesday night for a craft night and we had discussed possibilities of different wreaths... we ended up settling on a different craft, but when I saw this burlap wreath I thought it would compliment my Willow Tree nativity perfectly.  I couldn't find red burlap, but I think the regular worked well too!

And I added a few prints of Christmas songs to the area as well (it might make the area busy, but I just LOVE both these songs)
I found this O Holy Night Print on pinterest
And I made the other one based on the hook of a song on Natalie Grant's Christmas Album
It reads:
Mistletoe and falling snow and presents under the tree
But most of all, and best of all, a Savior came for me

I LOVE Christmas time and I am kind of excited that Thanksgiving was so early so Christmas season lasts longer :)

1 comment:

erin m said...

Yay! So fun- it looks great!