February 11, 2010

Snow Day!!


So this has been one of the coldest winters we have had. It has already snowed (real snow, not ice) here in the Dallas area 3 times this winter, but none of them have been very heavy or been significant enough for closings, etc. So when the forecast for today said "snow" it was hard to know what to expect.

We were forecasted to get 1-2 inches of snow today. Well the snow is still coming and we have already gotten 8" of snow. Now I know my friend Nicki who is reading this from the midst of their millionth snow storm in Virginia is thinking big deal.

Except that 8" of snow set a record making this the snowiest day in Texas History!!!

I was very excited that my office closed at 2:00 and BSF was cancelled so I could stay in tonight. But then I remembered that I am housesitting for my brother and sister-in-law all weekend. And my excitement quickly turned to worry and frustration about the idea of constantly wiping off 3 sets of paws all weekend long.

Our dogs all got together at Christmas and it was a muddy mess when they went out to play in the snow so I was a little apprehensive. But it turned out to be no big deal... not a single muddy paw yet! (just some wet ones!!)


While Maggie May has been sleeping most of the evening, Allie & Sadie have been having the time of their lives playing in the snow together! I am SO GLAD that we were able to come over where Allie can have a backyard and a place to enjoy her first real snow day (and maybe the only one she will ever see!) I am excited about the rest of the weekend.

And crossing my fingers that work is out tomorrow so I can watch movies all day :)







No comments: