February 16, 2010

I'm a Big Kid Now

So today I went a little crazy...

blame it on a weekend cooped up in the house with 3 ridiculously crazy puppies

or on the very little sleep I got because of said puppies

or maybe on the fact that I didn't get home from work until 8:00 last night and I was worn out

But tonight before I left for BSF I did something a little crazy...

I decided to let Allie stay out of her crate while I went to leaders' meeting tonight.

Now consider that Allie has never been left out by herself for more than an hour long grocery store run or workout (well, never on purpose... there was the one time I didn't lock the crate and she had 8 hours out during the day, but that's a whole different story).

And these short hour excursions have not happened in months because she got to the point where she was getting things off the table and tearing everything up.

So why did I let her stay out tonight? I think maybe I really did lose my mind momentarily.

But I came home to a puppy curled up asleep on the couch and not a single thing out of place.

Guess who's becoming a big kid now? That's my Allie. She spent FOUR HOURS out by herself and did not destroy anything.

But even though tonight was a success we'll see if I ever am crazy enough to test it again... I may not be that crazy...

but I am very grateful to have a puppy who is ready for bed when I get home

No comments: