December 19, 2009

A Simple Life

So the Christmas background was just a place-holder until I could get my new one all figured out :) Even though it's not yet a new year, I was ready for a fresh start on my blog. I found this background at The Cutest Blog on the Block and fell in love with it!!

I started searching through my quote book that I keep to find a new one for my header. This quote from Laura Ingalls Wilder (who I've loved since I was very little) is actually the first one written in my book and I thought it was a good one.

And it really is so much more than a quote. I want to simplify my life... I want to not make things so complicated... I want to not want as much and give more... I want to live on what I need instead of the abundance that I continue to pursue... I want to de-clutter my life. And I feel like a lot of it goes hand-in-hand with the Bible Verse I added to the side from John 1:16 "From the fullness of His grace, we have all received one blessing after another." I am beyond blessed in so many ways and truly desire to live more simply.

I also added new pictures to the side! This design should stick around for a while.... just needed to get it right :)

1 comment:

erin m said...

love the blog, love the pursuit of a more simplified life, and love you!