July 9, 2019

Cow Appreciation Day

Today was our very favorite holiday-- Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A! ;)  This holiday has evolved over the years, but basically if you wear anything to dress like a cow, Chick fil A will give you a free entree for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.  Last year was our first year to go and I was excited to check it out again.  Little did I know that Cooper would be even more excited!  

I started working on our outfits yesterday during nap and last night Cooper saw the Cow headband I was making for him and he wanted to wear it non-stop.  So we had to put a limit on it so that it lasted for Cow Appreciation Day.  Which means he woke up this morning telling me he was going to dress like Easter Cow (since that's the last cow he saw at Chick fil A) and go to Chick fil A.  So we put on his headband first thing while he played at home.

He was so excited about his "cow hat" and he kept going to look in the mirror in his room.

We decided to go for breakfast and start our day right.  We went to one of the ones that isn't as busy and we were the only ones dressed as cows.

We enjoyed a scramble bowl and a sausage biscuit.  After breakfast we had a playdate at church.  Our church is doing summer playdates where they open up the playrooms for preschool families to come play, so we hung out with some fun church friends.  And then we headed with a few friends to get lunch.

I changed Cooper into his cow shirt-- a white shirt (the only one he had was long sleeves) with black paper spots safety pinned on.  I decided to just do my headband and not add spots to my shirt and it was perfect.

They had the cow in costume come out to take pictures.  Cooper is always really excited to see the cow but doesn't want to go see him.  So this was the progression today...


My friend was trying to get a picture of Cooper and I and he was not taking his eyes off the cow as it got closer to us...

Then he waved from afar...

And then it was closer and he was waving, as soon as the cow got close he grabbed my arm but was all smiles...

and then he said he wanted to go see the cow.  When we got closer he asked me to pick him up and take him to see the cow.  He was all smiles even close up.

We had a fun time celebrating this silly day and getting some free food out of the deal!  My only recommendation is to go on the earlier end of a mealtime.  Our playdate at church lasted til 11, so we got there around 11:20 and it was already busy and was hard to find a table.  Last year we were before 11 and it was perfect, so we'll probably try for that again next year!


No comments: